Monday 24 January 2011

Body didn't want to play today

With the best of intentions to get up early for a short run before work, I woke up instead feeling really poorly. I actually wanted to spend the day in bed ... this wasn't the duvet monster getting to me, I really did feel unwell. And, I rarely feel so unwell that I want to spend the day in bed!!

I wasn't feeling great yesterday evening and went to bed relatively early in an attempt to get a good night's rest and be ready to roll today. However, that was not to be the case. This was one time I decided that I needed to listen to my body ... and my body today was telling me rather loudly that it didn't want to play today!

The thought of just getting out for an easy run around the block is to much to contemplate. I managed to go into work (late) and getting through the day was a chore. Perhaps it's a mental thing about not wanting to get out and exercise however I think the low grade fever and the wheezy chest might be good indicators of something physical! I'll dose up on echinacea tonight, get an early night and hope that I'll be fighting fit tomorrow.

I'm disappointed that I'm breaking the daily exercise for the janathon ... however I need to listen to my body and rest! 

Will go to bed doing some positive visualizations of feeling good and healthy and energetic tomorrow!!

6 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better tomorrow. It's definitely best not to run if you're feeling ill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest up and live to fight another day!

    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest up, get better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon, rest is best

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be a bit frustrated but it is the right decision. Running with a head cold is ok but when it hits the chest no one should run

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your support. Much appreciated. Felt better today ... however still not 100% yet getting better1

    ReplyDelete