Monday 27 December 2010

Catching up ...

Hmm ... since my last posting I really don't feel I've done much exercise other than lifting food or drink to my mouth!

I did however go for the traditional swim in the sea on Christmas Day. Even though I regularly swim in the sea (all year 'round), I haven't been in as regularly due to the cold. The duvet keeps me snuggly in bed and I don't want to venture out in the cold to get into the cold water! Duh ... I wonder why! However, it is a big tradition here in Brighton that family and friends come out and take a dip. Well, the sea temperature in the morning was ... wait for this one 3.3 C ... the coldest on record! Needless to say, I didn't stay in long but it was a great way to start the day before the debauchery of Christmas lunch was had!

To blow away the cobwebs, I decided to take myself out for a short run on boxing day (yesterday). Did 30 minutes in the bight sunshine and could have continued for hours it was so nice out. It was good to get moving after being very inactive the day before! What is it about Christmas that it tends to be such a sedentary day ... sitting around, eating, drinking and have good times with friends ... but not moving!

Today ... although grey outside I'm going to get on my mountain bike and hit the trails ... just want to get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment